Sunday, August 14, 2011

When it hits, it hits hard

Let me preface this post by saying that I am not writing to get anyone's sympathy.  I am using this as an outlet so I don't burn out my husband :) 

All week I have been wondering if there was something wrong with me.  So many of my friends told me about the hardships they faced when they took their baby to daycare.  I haven't minded at all.  In fact, I have quite enjoyed having a few hours in the morning to get things done, leisurely strolling in around one to pick him up.  Which happens to be just in time to scoot him home to crawl in bed with me and take a nap.  Yes, in bed with me.  Buster will nap on his own but napping with him is my guilty pleasure.  Sometimes, I don't even nap.  I catch myself just lying there with him in my arms and watching him sleep.

Well, on the way home from church today it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I don't get to pick my angel up at 1:00 and I don't get to take my daily nap with him.  I will miss hearing the squeak of his bouncer as he bounces so hard it seems like the entire mechanism might collapse to pieces.  I won't get to see his sweet smile or his precious little dimple all day.  I will have to wait until the witching hour to see him. I will have roughly two hours a day to spend with him before his bed time, and then I will be limited to Saturdays and part of the day on Sunday.

If I'm going to gripe the least I can do is throw in a sweet picture.
All of this to say......I don't think I'm ready for this!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly: Thanks for sharing your honest feelings. I'll hold good thoughts that tomorrow, on your birthday and Baby Glen's half-birthday, that you'll have a great day when you're together.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! I just came across your blog and I love it. Your baby is SO precious and I love all of the sweet pictures of him! I hope everything has gone well these last few weeks and that Baby Glen still likes his school. And, I love napping with Aedan too, even though he sleeps just fine by himself--it's one of my guilty pleasures too. :)
    Aja

    ReplyDelete